The Commodores Cup now comprises five days of racing under PHS, while the Port Stephens Trophy will be simultaneously contested under ORC Club. With a wide variety of courses taking in the many inshore and offshore islands and bays, the opening series will appeal to cruiser-racer crews who enjoy longer and more scenic passage racing.
Dates for the combined Sail Port Stephens ‘Passage Series’ will be 15-20 April, with Thursday 18 April being a lay-day.
- Open for all types of cruising and racing yachts
- Spinnaker and Non-Spinnaker boats
- Commodores Cup is raced under PHS (handicaps adjusted daily)
- Port Stephens Trophy is raced under ORC (ORCc or ORCi)
- One race per day
- Most courses have fixed marks with some laid buoys.
- Some races around nearby islands
- YA Category 5 safety regulations apply
- Sunday 14 April – 2pm to 5pm
- Monday 15 April – 8.30am to 10am
- Briefings from approximately 10am