Clean white sand and warm, crystal clear water… the pristine beaches and unspoiled waterways of Port Stephens along with the numerous bays and parks are a draw card for residents and visitors. From large patrolled beaches to small enclosed bays, you’re sure to find the ideal spot for a family picnic, weekend BBQ, surf or the chance to get your 4WD off the highway and onto the sand.
- Fingal Bay Beach – One of our patrolled beaches Fingal Bay provides the perfect spot for a day at the beach, fishing, surfing, picnic or a barbeque. You can also take a walk to Barry Park or cross the spit to see the lighthouse. Just make sure you check the tide times first.
- One Mile Beach – This picture perfect beach is one of the best spots to take a swim. One Mile Beach offers nice sized waves that you can learn to surf, paddle on the edge or relax as the waves role in.
- Shoal Bay Beach – Known for its white sands and clear blue water, Shoal Bay boasts a public jetty, boat ramp and kayak hire. It is the perfect place for a swim and has a spectacular view of the headland.
- Birubi Beach, Anna Bay – With a back drop like the Stockton Sand dunes what more could you ask for? With a cafe, life guards and 32km of beach to walk, Birubi has so much to offer.
- Little Beach, Nelson Bay – Little Beach is the perfect spot to take the kids for a swim with out worrying about big crashing waves, this part of the bay is perfect for a family day out.
- Dutchmans Bay, Nelson Bay – A smaller beach to many of the others but perfect for a swim, snorkel or a barbeque. Dutchies has even been known to be home to our resident penguins.